Thursday, October 31, 2013

48 Hours

Sorry it's been awhile. These past two weeks have been a whirlwind so to speak. Sadly I've only got less than 48 hours as I type this left in NZ. I fly back to the good old USA on Saturday. Looking forward to that and seeing all my family and friends but I'm sure going to miss New Zealand.

I finished with work up at Lake Heron two weeks ago and since have been traveling the northern part of the South Island. Went right up to the very top and Abel Tasman National Park where I done a very nice 3 day hike along beautiful beaches and bush. And just got back from up at Lake Heron where i done a 3 day hike on the station and I stayed in some of the huts up there. The weather was amazing and I had a really great time. Never uttered a single word for over 48 hours. Nice! Was perfect to really reflect on my adventure here in NZ. And what I might do next!! I have a few ideas but nothing dead set in my mind. So you'll have to stay tuned. I will post more photos of here in NZ over the next week or so. So stay with me. It's really hard for me to fathom that I have been here for 10 months!! It seems like yesterday I was getting on the plane to fly off to the bottom of the world with absolutely no idea what I was doing!! And one only has to read back through this blog to get to see all the things I've been so lucky to get to do here in New Zealand. I never imagined so much!! So 48 hours be damned! Stay tuned. The journeys far from over:-)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are going back to NZ. I was looking forward to coming over to see the place... can't guarantee that I will be silent for 48 hours...
    Looking forward to seeing you.
    XOXO... Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know you've got a LONG travel day and lots of flight changes to get home... here's to safe travels!

    ReplyDelete